Sunday, July 27, 2008

Do the Dew after 12!!



I looked forward to "Doing the Dew" all week and I wasn't disappointed, if you've never had Mountain Dew after a trail run then your missing out. I met some new friends this Saturday at Paris Mt. State Park for a 12 mile trail run, they always finish a trail run with a Mountain Dew, this I had to try! One word..Good!

So as I was saying I met some new friends for a 12 mile trail run and we had a great time. Good running, great conversation and good dirty feet. The temperature wasn't hot, but it was very humid 89% when I left the house at 7:20am. We did two loops of 6 which is good because you can refuel after the first 6.

Thanks for the invite, look forward to the next run.

P.S. Sorry for the brevity today, coffee hasn't really kicked in!

Update One...Coffee is kicking.

I really enjoyed meeting everyone on Saturday and look forward to more training with this group. I can really see what group runs will do for your training, you really get pushed. Great Job Chris, for a trail newbie, you really pushed the dirt. Thanks Robin for the tasty melon!

I did my follow-up run on Sunday, first thing I thought was I miss the dirt, this road running is hot and hard on the feet. I've got to find some trails around this part of town. I did finish out the week with 34 miles and NO Achilles pain, knock on wood.

Again, thanks for the warm hospitality, this group ROCKS!















aka...dirty feet group :)

Mike

6 comments:

Chris said...

It was great to meet you out on the trails on Saturday Mike! You rocked that run. Thanks for letting slow you down and thanks for waiting for my "breather" breaks. I look forward to running some more in the coming weeks! Take Care

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gotta Run..... said...

What a great time!! It was just as humid on the ride on Sunday. What a killer.

Looking forward to DuPont already.

Will send out ride information for next week in a few days.

Unknown said...

Feel good......

Runner Mom said...

Awesome job, Mike!! I like the new name for this group--the dirty feet group!!

I talked to a friend of mine in Va. She was running a 50K trail race while we were bouncing around on the trails. They came across a rattle snake!!!!!!!!!! Yuck!!!! She's considering the Annette B. run in Oct. that you're training for. I'll let you know for sure if she's going to do it.

Have a great day!
Blessings,
Susan

Chris said...

Hey Mike. Just a quic note to say hello. I hope all is going well. When are gonna run again??