Thursday, August 7, 2008

South Carolina HOT!!




It's so nice and cool at 5am, but give it a few hours and it will creep to 100* today. Yesterday coming home from Charlotte, NC the gauge read 100* , Ouch!!

The runs lately are so hard, everyone is complaining about the heat and humidity and the toll it's taking on their training. This morning I saw 3 individuals out getting their miles at 5am. I did 6 last night, I didn't start until 8pm and let me tell you I was absolutely wiped! This is my third marathon training season and I have to say it's been the hardest due to the heat.

Last Tuesday I joined my buddy Michael at Donaldson for the Country Ride, I took the short 21 mile loop due to the heat. At this point we just need to take it easy be smart and drink lots of fluid.

I'm really pumped for the weekend, were heading to Dupont for the 22 mile Waterfall trail run, the temps and humidity should be way down in the hills. This run promises to be lots of fun.

Be safe, be smart while training!

Mike

2 comments:

Gotta Run..... said...

I did the same 21 mile loop on Tuesday but started at 5:30pm. It was freaking hot!!!

See you at Dupont in the morning for some cooler temps. Yipppeeee.

Chris said...

Good Luck this weekend Mike. You and Robin hopefully have great weather in NC for your trail run. The weather this morning on our 65 miler to Saluda wa perfect! (almost.dare I say it.... "cool" )