Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again!!

I'm Back!!

The Achilles Tendon seems to be healed (fingers crossed), I didn't run the rest of June after the 50k to give myself time to heal. During that time I focused on stretching, swimming and biking. I think that it must have worked, I've started running again and I'm not having any pain in my leg.

This time I'm really focused on the training plan, with slow increase in mileage, more focus on endurance and changing my footwear. We are starting our training on July 14 getting ready for the New River 50k this October. During this training cycle we'll be focused on a endurance, food and getting more time on real trails not just the road. I will also be adding more biking to my training this time and core training with weights.

I learned a lot from my last ultra, now it's time to put those lessons into action.

See you on the trail.

P.S. Good luck at the Vermont 100, Mike!!

Mike

No comments: